Oliver "Oli" Sykes (born Oliver Scott Sykes on November 20, 1986) is the current lead vocalist for the deathcore band Bring Me the Horizon, originating from Sheffield, England.
Sykes moved to live in Australia until he was the age of five with his parents. He then moved to Sheffield in the United Kingdom. As a teenager, he attended Tapton High School and was a year below Alex Turner and Matt Helders of the Arctic Monkeys. While at school he began making compilation CDs and short tracks under the name of Quakebeat.
- Quakebeat are compilation albums which Sykes made whilst at school. These also come under the name as "Quakesound".
- Olisarus was an ambient electronic project which Sykes started when he was 16. James Spence of Rolo Tomassi accompanied the electronic beats on guitar.
- Purple Curto was a two man Deathrash band featuring Sykes on drums and vocals and Neil Whitely on guitar. Neil Whitely, the brother of SJ Whitely, Sykes' ex girlfriend. Purple Curto recorded a number of songs and played only once, at Sykes' 18th birthday.
- Sykes has recently revealed on his personal MySpace profile that he will be doing a future project that "couldn't be further away from Bring Me The Horizon's music. And if you don't like to dance, you may not like it." It is expected that this may be another electronic project which will be continued once Bring Me The Horizon have toured for their sophomore album Suicide Season.
- Womb 2 Da Tomb was a 'Rapping' side project in the early days of Bring Me the Horizon made up by Tom Sykes, Matt Nicholls and Oli Sykes.
- Drop Dead Clothing is a clothing company founded and run by Sykes.
|Birth name||Oliver Scott Sykes|
|Born||November 20, 1986 (1986-11-20)|
|Years active||2004 – present|
|Label(s)||Visible Noise |
|Associated acts||Bring Me The Horizon |
Womb 2 Da Tomb
WATCH 4485 IMAGES HERE!.